Thursday, November 6, 2014

The Non-Running Part of Chicago…

Even though the running part of Chicago wasn’t fabulous, it was a really good weekend. I have said it before, but I love Chicago. It really is my favorite city. I did like that it was much warmer this time than it was for Christmas last year.

We flew out early on Friday morning, so we got to Chicago pretty early.

IMG_2437

We dropped our bags off at our hotel, headed out for lunch and then hit up the race expo.

IMG_2441

The expo was huge! Very efficient packet pick up and we shopped around a little bit.

IMG_2455

And had our picture taken in front of a giant pink bra.

On Saturday morning we headed out for a shake out run right by the home of Josh’s favorite football team.

IMG_2460

I hate the the stadium looks like a space ship landed on top of it.

IMG_2464

We got to meet Bart Yasso…

IMG_2466

And Deena Kastor.  How cool is that? We ran an easy two miles and headed back to the hotel to relax.

IMG_2468

We did wander the city a little bit. Rochelle and I headed to the Navy Pier. I had to take a picture of the Ferris wheel from Divergent! I sent that one to the teenagers and got no response. I guess they weren’t impressed.

We opted for take out and dinner in our hotel room and called it an early night.

After the race on Sunday we headed back to our hotel to rest up a little before we ventured out for food. We headed to Giordano’s for deep dish pizza. It was right by the Sears (Willis) tower.

IMG_2476

IMG_2477

I was so glad that Jordan came and hung out with the crazy runners.

IMG_2482

We ended the evening with drinks at the top of the John Hancock building. The drink was fabulous and the view was amazing!

We had a later flight on Monday so we got up, grabbed breakfast and headed to the bean, or as it’s formerly known Cloud Gate. I am surprised I’ve never been there before.

IMG_2484

After we hit up Lululemon, got rained on and road the train again we headed to the Art Institute. With our race bibs/medals/registration info we got in for free.

IMG_2490 

We saw some beautiful art, and a whole lot of runners hobbling up and down the stairs. I’d like to go back when my legs aren’t killing me because there was plenty we didn’t get to see.

It really was a great trip, and I can’t wait to go back to Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment