Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Protein Powder Review...

I was recently selected to review a new protein powder for Manitoba Harvest.

Who doesn't love free stuff? And to be able to talk about it, well even better.

I received a sample of the chocolate and vanilla Hemp Pro 70 protein powder.

Sadly, I was not blown away by the product.

I drink protein shakes after my workouts most days, it's easy to throw it all in the blender and take it along as I commute to work. My first complaint was that each of the sample packets were not a full serving, each one was a half serving with 7g of protein in the sample.

I mixed them up on rest days, and was not impressed with the consistency. The recipe says to mix in a shaker cup, but I blended mine with my hand mixer like I usually do. It didn't seem to dissolve completely and I had a cup full of gritty protein shake to drink for breakfast. I hate that. The chocolate sample was not near as chocolaty as I had wanted it to be, but that might have been the small sample size. Maybe I should have mixed it up with only half the amount of almond milk.

I am a vegetarian, and I was really excited about the prospect of a plant based protein powder. It was quite a bummer (yes, bummer) for me that it wasn't as fabulous as I wanted it to be.

If you'd like to try it out, you can get 20% off the chocolate and vanilla flavors by using discount code sweatpinkpro70.

No comments:

Post a Comment