Tuesday, July 22, 2014

I Feel Like I Am Doing Alot of Catching Up...

So, I originally started the blog as a way to keep a record, so that someday someone could look back on this and maybe think that I did some fun or cool things with my life. I think the only way that is actually going to happen is if I actually write on the blog.

The summer is almost 2/3 over and what have I done? A lot of nothing. Ha! Not really, but some days it feels like it.

I did turn 40. Yikes! Remember when your parents were 40? Well I remember thinking how OLD my parents were, and they were younger than me when I was 13. (In case you don't know, that's how old my girls are, at least for another three weeks or so.)

I am trying to embrace the fact that I have another decade under my belt. How about a look back at some of the highlights of my 30s?

  • I became a vegetarian
  • I participated in 3 3-Day Breast Cancer Walks
  • I ran three marathons
  • I ran ten half marathons
  • I did four sprint triathlons
  • I did one Olympic distance triathlon
  • I had 2 knee surgeries
  • I had Lasik eye surgery
  • I had my appendix removed
  • I fell two times while running
  • I crashed my bike once, and fell over on my bike once
  • I survived elementary and middle school with my girls
  • I survived the loss of Lucy, our first four legged baby
  • We gained two other four legged babies
  • We bought a new house
  • We tossed around the idea of having another baby (What were we thinking?)
  • My girls decided they no longer wanted to share a bedroom
  • We became debt free
  • I discovered that indie rock is my music of choice and saw Wilco four times in concert
  • I learned how to bake really good chocolate chip cookies
  • I learned how to bake and decorate pretty fabulous sugar cookies
  • I took a cake decorating class
  • I discovered that I love Chicago
  • We went on our first cruise
  • I had my first, and only, tequila shot (30th birthday)
  • Celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary
Well that I all I can think of right now. I don't think that is all I did in the last decade, I sure hope not. I do know that I am not the same person I was when I was 30 and I am proud of who I have become in the last ten years.

Here's to the new decade and all the adventures that are in store for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment