Thursday, May 9, 2013

Three Things Thursday...

Some days are all about randomness, so I thought I would do a post that was a little random. So here goes...

  • I never talked about running in April. I logged 91 miles in April. Again, I missed the 100 mile mark, but you know, I'm okay with that. I had some really good days, and I also had some not so great days, including the Memorial half marathon. I am resolved to work on getting stronger mentally, and it's not going to be easy. I guess if it was easy then everyone would be doing it.
  • I have been reading non-stop lately. Much to Josh's dismay my Nook library continues to grow. Right now I am reading a book called Fly Away by Kristin Hannah. This is a sequel to another book Firefly Lane that I read last summer. This book is a life after death story. It sucked me in and now I can hardly put it down. Those are my favorite kinds of books. Recently I also read Mirror Image, although the 1980s technology got a little annoying, and A Week in Winter.
  • I recently discovered Mr. Selfridge on PBS. I love Jeremy Piven, and I have missed him since Entourage went off the air, and while his Mr. Selfridge is not anything like Ari Gold but this character is no less entertaining.

So there's a little bit of randomness. My ankle seems much better today. I wore my Pro Compression marathon socks to work today so there was much less swelling. I went to yoga tonight, but I still have no plans to run until Saturday. I think we really needed a few days off, aside from my sprained ankle I really haven't had much of a break since I started coming back from my stress fracture almost a year ago.

I'm not sure what my next goal will be, but I will be ready to get working towards it once I figure it out.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment