Saturday, April 27, 2013

I Love a Good Race Expo...

I ducked out of work early yesterday afternoon and met up with one of my favorite fellow expo lovers, Kim. Again, the beauty of a hometown marathon is that you don't have to travel far to pick up your race packet. We headed to the Cox Center for the OKC Memorial Marathon expo. Parking wasn't too terrible, but downtown was pretty crowded because of the Festival of the Arts going on right next door.

The expo opened at noon and we got there right on time.

They always do a good job of making packet pick-up a breeze at the Memorial. Lots of lines for everyone not running the 5k. I picked up my packet and two extras for friends that couldn't make it and Kim and I headed to check out all the stuff.

Yes, since I was with Kim, there were pictures.

We also got to go chat with friends at our favorite running store's booth. We got awesome new tanks to wear on race day.

Again, because I was with Kim, there were more pictures.

We forced Tim to take a picture with us. We got him to take a picture with us two years ago at the very same expo before my first marathon.

I can't believe after two years I am going to toe the line Sunday morning in OKC. I am very happy with my decision a few weeks ago to drop to the half marathon, and I am excited to run my first half on streets I am pretty familiar with.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment