Friday, March 15, 2013

The Oven Still Works...

It is no big secret that I have lost my baking mojo this year. Today I actually made steps to get it back. Since I am not running or doing yoga for a few more days, I tried to sleep in this morning. It is harder for me to sleep in than it is for me to run ten miles.

I got up and decided to try out a new recipe that I saw on one of my favorite baking blogs a few weeks ago. Hostess Cupcake Cookies! How awesome does that sound?

You can get the recipe here. The only change I made to the recipe was I used almond milk instead of regular milk in the glaze, and I used royal icing for the squiggles. I also didn't refrigerate the dough before I rolled it out. Mostly because I was being lazy; I did put the cut dough in the freezer prior to putting them in the oven. In my opinion it's easier to roll out dough that isn't really cold.

You might be wondering how they taste. I think they are fabulous.

The best part of baking, for me, is giving them to people I care about. I know a little gymnast that I plan to box some of these chocolaty cookies up for tomorrow.

I can't wait to see what I mix up next.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment