Saturday, March 23, 2013

Happy Birthday, Stacy...

Today is my friend Stacy's birthday. I won't say how old she is today, but I will say that she is this close to a milestone birthday.

This picture is from ages ago, but I love it. It always reminds me that we so need to run another race together.

Since I was missing the birthday celebration tonight we made a date for last night. We, of course, saw a chickc flick.

We both read this Nicholas Sparks book and had been trying to find a chance to see the movie. We both decided that the movie was good, but the book was much better. They really changed quite a bit of the story for the movie, though the basics of the story were the same. Not the best movie I've ever seen, pretty predictable love story, but sometimes you go to a movie to just be entertained.

Afterwards, we went to Hollie's Flatiron Steakhouse for dinner.

I had never eaten there before, and I was pleasantly surprisd. We had Parmesan Garlic Steak Fries and a yummy spinach salad.

The salad was huge too.
 

The red tomatoes and the bowtie pasta really made this a very hearty salad, and I am not usually a fan of walnuts, but it all worked well together.

It was a great little girls' night out. I was reminded that the first birthday I celebrated with Stacy was back in 1998. Wow, that seems like a lifetime ago. My how we've changed. I look forward to many more birthdays to come.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment