Sunday, March 24, 2013

A Run and a Birthday Party...

I was up bright and early yesterday morning and ready for a nice long run. I slept horribly Friday night and woke up long before my alarm went off at 6:15 am. I feel like that is the story of my life.

I was excited to try out my second pair of Ravenna 4s.

I actually have a pair of Injinji socks to match this pair.

I wasn't sure how many miles I was going to shoot for, I just thought I would go out and see how far my legs wanted to take me. I was pretty happy with how it all went.

No problems with my ankle, and 11.18 miles in 1:42 minutes. It was drizzly the entire time, and the roads were a little slick, and it was windy at time, but you know this is Oklahoma. We ran towards the flats, but took a little different route that we got a bit lost on, but it was good.

Honestly, my legs felt horrible the rest of the day, and I have been pretty sore today. It was nice to get back out there though.

Last night we headed to Edmond for Hailey's birthday party. Pizza, cake, ice cream, cheese puffs and lots of kiddos.

And of course, Haden took some pictures of himself.

On the way home there was a bit of excitement on I-35 in Moore.

It's not too often you see a care fully engulfed in flames on the side of the road.

 

2 comments:

  1. You must have been behind us- we saw the fire just starting underneath the car. Scary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny. I know some other people that saw it too. Everyone was on I-35 on Saturday night. I was just hoping everyone was ok.

      Delete