Wednesday, February 20, 2013

You've Got To Be Kidding...

I am not a big watcher of the local news. I figure if it's important Jon Stewart is going to tell me about it. I will withhold my commentary on the 24 hour news cycle.

Anyway, I had no idea that when I woke up this morning it would look like this outside.

Kinda weird how blue that picture turned out. Those streaks are big fat snow flakes falling. Rocky and Penny were as shocked as I was. Penny came back in speckled with white dots all over her black fur. Rocky was terrified about going out the rest of the day.

My weather app decided to tell me it was snowing on my way to work. My commute took almost an hour today thanks to the white stuff.

Scenes from my drive...

It was not sticking to the roads, but the roads were very wet. Thankfully it was above freezing so the roads didn't get bad. But just like any time there is the slightest hint of precipitation aroud here, traffic was backed up for miles.

I tried to capture the back up of traffic behind me. Not a bad shot really.

It did't take long for the snow to vanish, but it was a very dreary day. There is a chance that there could be more rain/sleet tonight so we will see what tomorrow looks like. My girls would probably be very excited about a snow day.

In other goings on around here, I made another batch of roasted Brussels sprouts and broccoli tonight. The first step is admitting you have a problem, right? Anyway, Rocky and Penny get very excited when I am cutting up veggies. You have never seen two dogs that liked vegetables as much as these two do. I hope it's not bad for them to eat Brussels sprouts and broccoli because they had their fair share.

What an action shot! Rocky looks almost scary in that picture. They were inhaling those veggies. I sometimes wonder if Penny even chews when she eats. When Lucy was still with us, she would turn her nose up at these sorts of sacks. She preferred cans of tuna. I wonder if it's just my crazy dogs, or are there other veggie loving dogs out there?

Finally, it's still race week! I have been trying not to think about it because it is scaring the hell out of me. I do think I have my travel plans finalized, I have to to figure out what I am going to wear though. Our Thursday morning run has been moved to Friday, stupid weather.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment