Thursday, February 21, 2013

Race Week is Stressing Me Out...

As we inch ever closer to marathon Sunday, my stress level seems to be going through the roof.

The back and forth over travel plans combined with my two week taper seem to be doing a number on me.  Add to that the fact that I managed to leave my phone at home today and it all just culminated with a mini breakdown.

I am attempting some of my yoga breathing, and as long as no one comes by my cubicle I think I'm going to be fine.

Marathons are stressful!  I went from not having a real training plan and just doing what my favorite running store owner told me to do on my long runs to freaking out because I was afraid that I hadn't done enough to prepare for this race.  I was assured that the 2-16 milers, 2-18 milers, and 2-20 mile runs I have done in the last three months have prepared me for what lies ahead.

Then the uncertainty of who was going to make the trip to Fort Worth with me.  Anyone who knows me well, knows that I am NOT a PIBE kinda girl.  I like to have a definite plan.  I want to know where we are going, when we are leaving and how we are going to get there.  The plan reduces my stress level.

Because I have only run 6 miles, and only gotten in two yoga classes this week, I just feel like one huge ball of stress.  My running keeps me sane, and there has not been alot of running going on the past couple of weeks.  So yes, I do feel a little insane today.

I think I have a plan now that will make these next couple of days manageable. 

First of all, we have a reservation for our favorite doggie hotel for these two crazy veggie eating pups.


I will be heading to Fort Worth with three of my favorite people ever.



I guess the good thing is that I won't have to listen to my children complaining about waiting around for me through a four hour race.  (In other much happier news, we have a working washing machine at home again so there will be no more trips to the laundromat.)

Surviving race week seems to be much harder than planning your Saturday long runs.  I am in the home stretch and now just the starting line lies ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment