Friday, February 1, 2013

January Marathon Training...

I was pretty surprised when I pulled up my Daily Mile account yesterday and saw this.

I ran 100 miles in January. That was even with having almost a whole week off when I was sick. We have changed up our training plan and have stuck to only running three days a week instead of four like we had been doing up until a few months ago. Fewer runs, with most of our weekday morning runs usually being six miles.

I am just over three weeks away from the Cowtown Marathon, and I have really enjoyed training this month. It hasn't been easy, there were some hard solo miles, some miles that I felt like everyone was running away from me, and some miles that felt like death.

Tomorrow, I only have a 12 mile run scheduled. I just looked at the calendar and realized that I only have three more long runs before the race and I am completely freaked out about that. I thought I had one more Saturday than that. I guess time flies when you're having fun.

My plan for the next three weeks is to stick to my three runs a week, and to work in two or three yoga classes a week as well. I will probably try to work on being calm and not feeling like I'm gonna throw up every time I think about running 26.2 miles by myself.

First up will be 12 miles in the morning. I am glad that I can just meet the group at OK Runner and I don't have to run to get there. It's gonna feel like sleeping in to not have to meet until 7. Temps are supposed to be in the low 30s with not much wind. That's something to look forward to.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment