Wednesday, January 2, 2013

WIAW New Year's Eating...

I haven't had a WIAW post in a while so I thought I would just post whatever pictures of food I've got. Here goes.

I made some roasted veggies last week. Mushrooms, sweet potatoes, squash, carrots, and Brussels sprouts roasted with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper. I made a soup with them later in the week by blending them up and thinning it out with veggie stock. It was yummy with homemade honey dinner rolls.

After hot yoga on Sunday night Josh and the girls had pizza but that just didn't sound good to me. One of my favorite bloggers was going on about Frosted Mini Wheats the other day and I had to have Josh pick some up from the store. That with a banana and some almond milk made the perfect post yoga dinner.

I thought about what I wanted to make tonight, but after finishing our The Walking Dead season three marathon today I just didn't feel like spending lots of time in the kitchen.

I decided to go with something super yummy that required minimum work. I made the One Pot Chili Casserole from the Whole Foods website. Super easy and seriously tasty. I paired it with one of Josh's least favorite veggies, roasted broccoli.

My friend Patti gave me some homemade English muffins last week. She even made homemade apple butter, what a great breakfast on the run last week.

What a great week of tasty eats, and a great start to a new year.

 

2 comments:

  1. Your cereal bowl sounds great. Nothing like a quick & satisfying meal =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am definitely loving the mini wheats right now. Definitely faster than eggs and the chocolate ones are very good too!

      Delete