Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Face Your Fears...

I decided to get in a different yoga class this evening. I had two options at Ashtanga Yoga, a level 1 class and a level 2 class. I ended up going to the level 1 class and I am so glad I did. I was very nervous about trying out a new class, stepping out of my comfort zone is not easy for me.

Most of the yoga classes I have taken are for all levels of yogis, and I really enjoyed taking a class that really focused on the poses. I think I learned a lot this evening.

I really liked this stretch. You can read more about it here. We did it two differet ways, the first time with our arms straight, the second time with our arm on the ground bent at a 90 degree angle. The bent arm option was quite a bit harder and more painful.

We did work on a bridge pose, and I am doubtful that I would ever be able to do a backbend. It was nice to do a shoulder stand with lots if instruction.

This morning the weather app on my phone went off at about 5am. Apparently we were under a tornado watch for half of the day. Weird, it is January. It looked kind of scary when I was driving to work.

I was glad it didn't start raining until after I got to work.

It looks like it's going to feel more like January tomorrow. I am not looking forward to the wind in the morning.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment