Monday, December 31, 2012

Recap of 2013...

It is almost 2013, so I thought I would sum up the year.

Lets start with the numbers.

  • 851, the numbers of miles I ran this year. (Not bad considering I had to take three months off.)
  • 117.3, the numbers of miles I spent on my bike. This does not include the countless spin classes I did in my three month running hiatus.
  • 11.6, the miles spent in the pool. I'm going to have to increase this and the miles on the bike in 2013.
  • 2 half marathons
  • 3 5ks
  • 1 sprint triathlon
  • 1 Olympic distance triathlon
  • 1 Ragnar Relay (30, the approximate number of hours spent in relay van)
  • 3, the number of races I had paid for and missed due to injury
  • 1 tibial stress fracture
  • 1 fall that resulted in a ruined run
In all, the year has had many highs, as well as some lows. I faced my fears, running in the middle of the night in Colorado and doing my first open water swim in the Redman Olympic distance triathlon.

I also got to go back to Virginia with my sisters and kiddos to visit my aunts. We also took the girls on a week long Disney cruise. I hope we can take another cruise some day.

Josh and I got to spend a weekend celebrating our 16th wedding anniversary, and my babies turned 12 and started 7th grade. In all it was a great year, and I have big plans for 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment