Sunday, November 4, 2012

Another Race for the Cure...

Last weekend was my first race since the craziness of September. My goal for October was to work on speed so I could run a fast 5k. It's no big secret that I hate running 5ks. I would rather run a half marathon, but the RFTC has always meant alot to me.

My sisters and I have either walked or ran this race since 2001. Back then it was just the three of us, and none of us could run a 5k. Jen was the first one to run it and that year I think Karen and I ran about 100 yards before feeling like we were dying. I think I've come along way since then.

Last year was a good race for me and I had hoped that after my injury earlier this year I could do as well this year.

I finished one second slower than last year, 23:49. I was 3 out of 87in my age group and 33rd overall. I got a little stuck in traffic at the start and my first mile was a little slower than I would have liked at 8:08. I am very happy in how I did though.

It was a cold morning, perfect for racing, but difficult for me to decide what to wear. The outfit is always important. I have never raced in a tutu, I must say that it was fun to pass people in one.

Afterwards I found Josh and the girls and we waited for Jen, Karen and Billy for pictures.

My nephew Matt ran the 5k too.
He didn't want me to take his picture though.
 
We were going to walk the one mile with all the kiddos, but when we got close to our cars we decided to call it a day, or a morning. It was perfect running weather, but really chilly for walking.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment