Wednesday, August 1, 2012

WIAW #12...

Let's start with what I really ate Wednesday. Haven't done that in a while. After work this evening I headed to the Y for my Wednesday brick workout. I was feeling a little tired and wasn't sure if I was gonna be up for both parts of a brick, guess I couldn't call it a brick workout if I didn't do both parts. I would have to just call it a swim.

Brick part one was 1,650 yards in the pool. I warmed up with 500 free, and then did 10x50 free sprints with fins on a minute. I definitely was feeling the workouts I've done so far this week, there was not as much get up and go in my legs. I followed up the sprints with 6x100 mixing in a little backstroke and breaststroke. After that it was an easy 50 to get to the mile mark.

I got out of the pool and got ready for the spin class. I had a few tense moments when I didn't know if I would be able to get my sports bra on. I need to remember to take one of my new Moving Comfort sports bras with the clasp in the back next week. If you have to pull it over your head when you are hot after being in the pool it's not an easy thing.

I don't know why we keep going back to Donna's spin classes. they are so freaking hard. I lobe them. Tonight she did some sprints and some tabatas and some other equally hard things that I seemed to have blocked out.

I got home and was starving. I pulled out some spaghetti sauce that was in the freezer and made some penne pasta and garlic bread. Not too unbearable to whip this up when it's a million degrees outside.

Can you tell my plate is on my lap? It's the Olympics, I have to watch.

I followed up my pasta with a little watermelon. My friend Patti gave two half of watermelon this weekend. I've been eating the regular watermelon all week and tonight I broke out the yellow one. It's pretty tasty too.

Yep, still eating in the living room watching the Olympics. I got to tell Carson that if you swallow watermelon seeds you will have watermelon growing out your ears. Gotta love that.

I just might have a monster cookie later.

Peanut butter, oats, chocolate chips and M&M's. I haven't made these in a while and they are amazing. You can find the recipe I started with here.
So not a bad Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment