Wednesday, August 29, 2012

How About a WIAW Post...

I have been completely slacking on these WIAW posts. That and going to the gym, but who needs cross training?

After the killer hill repeats we did Tuesday I certainly wanted to eat everything in sight. What is it about hills that make me so hungry? And what would possess grown women to run up and down a hill at the crack of dawn? At least this week three of us had headlamps on to light the way.

Have you ever noticed how hard it is to talk to someone wearing a headlamp? Or to talk to someone when you are wearing a headlamp? You are either going to blind someone or be blinded, it's a no win situation.

Anyway, my WIAW post is just gonna be my, what did I eat that I took pictures of with my phone that I can post on my blog on a Wednesday.

Here we go...

On Sunday, the one that happened ten days ago, I meet some of my favorite girls for a wine tasting at Blu. They do this once a month and we are so planning to go back next month. We got to sample six different wines and had some appetizers. I did not get any pictures of this yummy food, I was too busy eating it, but I did get a picture of our wine glasses.

 

Oh wait, there are plates of food in there.

Here's a description of one appatizer we had...

maytag blu cheese potato chips - 8
chips, cheese, cilantro

There was also hummus, cheese, apple slices, it was all yummy.

How about overnight oats? I had heard mention of these on many a food blog lately and decided to to do a Google search to find out what the heck it was. I found a recipe here and gave it a try.

I used oats, almond milk, chia seeds, and Greek yogurt with honey. I have to be honest, I have never been an oatmeal eater. Sure I make homemade granola, and my double chocolate chip cookies with flaxseed have oatmeal in them. But when it comes to not cereal I'm a cream of wheat girl (I did Google overnight cream of wheat and came up with nothin'.)

I made these twice, the second time I ground up the oats in the food processor, something I do when I put oats in my cookies, and I kinda liked it better that way.

To sum up, I am not sold on the overnight oats, but I'll try it again.

Finally, Josh was out of town last week and I wanted chickpea tacos, but I was too lazy to make them. Luckily I had this in my pantry...

I have been a fan of Rick Batless since I saw him on Top Chef Masters, and I lobe his products I can buy at the grocery store. So I grabbed a can of chickpeas, rinsed them and heated them up with this sauce, add some refrained black beans, a little shredded cheddar and tomato and I had this for dinner three times last week.

Not the most exciting eats, but all very yummy.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment