Sunday, August 19, 2012

Birthday Celebration Continued...

I took the day off from work, don't you love birthdays that fall on Fridays? My niece, Hailey, was spending the weekend with us so she wouldn't miss the slumber party on Saturday, so I took the three of them and Caeli to Andy Alligator's water park.

Let me start by saying that I had bought a Groupon a few weeks before, or this little outing would never have happened. The Groupon was for four people so I only had to pay for one of us. They don't price it by age either, so the one extra person was $20.51 with tax. (Tickets to White Water are $25.99.)

Anyway, I had to get a picture before we went inside...

After they went through our bags and made us dump the water out of our water bottles, seriously. You can't take in any outside food or drinks, a fact that I couldn't find on their website. We went inside and discovered that they had two big slides, three little ones, a play area with the smaller sides and a lazy river. Really, no pool?

Luckily, we were able to get free ice water at the concession stand to refill our water bottles, and the girls liked the pizza we got.

Carson and Caeli.

Camy and Hailey. Camy has decided she wants to be called Cam from now on. I am having trouble getting used to that.

The white girl is me. That grassy spot behind me would be perfect for a pool.

We ended up,staying for about five hours, and only had minor drama. Thankfully, we found a shady spot to sit so I got to hang out and read part of the time. I was reading a book called Night Road, and it is hard to read a sad book in public without crying. It was so good I just couldn't put it down.

After a couple more pictures we packed it up and headed out. We had to go by the store for slumber party supplies and we had planned to go out for a birthday dinner. More on that in a bit.

1 comment:

  1. It seems like everyone had nice fun! That is successful birthday celebration :)

    ReplyDelete