Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Sixteen Years Later…

We celebrated our anniversary last week.  We got married on Memorial weekend so this year we got to celebrate it over a long weekend.  The girls went up to spend the weekend with the world’s greatest in-laws so we decided to stay the night at the Colcord Hotel downtown and go out to eat at The Melting Pot.

035 We headed downtown and got checked into the hotel.  I had scheduled a massage that I got for my birthday last year and our hotel was within walking distance.  I can’t believe I waited so long to use that gift certificate because it was pure heaven.  I upgraded to the sports massage and there were times I wanted to come out of my skin, it was worth every second. 

We walked over to The Melting Pot for dinner and the food was amazing.

036 I didn’t get a pic of the shrimp we split, but the cheese to start and the chocolate to end were amazing.

037Gotta have a crappy phone picture to mark this anniversary.  After dinner we walked back to the hotel and hung out in the hotel bar for a little while.  The bad thing about being to add your bar tab onto your room is that you can end up with a $70 bar tab.  Oh well, you only celebrate your sixteenth anniversary once, right?

We got up on Sunday and decided to head back to Norman to have lunch at my new favorite Mexican restaurant Chuy’s.

038 Hello yummy.  That burrito was huge, it was enough for two meals.

In all it was a great weekend.  I wonder what this year has in store for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment