Wednesday, May 16, 2012

WIAW #4...

So my WIAW post is going to be about What I Ate Last Thursday.  It's a good thing I am not a For Real food blogger because I always remember to take a picture of my food, after I've eaten it.  Trust me you don't want to see it then.

Funny story, I was at The Mont last night crashing a Mom's Night Out with my friend Rochelle, and it came up about kids talking about poo.  We discovered that poo stories never get less funny.  Even for grown ups they are funny.  And that's all I'm going to say about that.

I can't remember what I had for breakfast last Thursday, but I bet it was either a yogurt or an egg fritatta sandwich with a fake sausage patty.  I won't bore you with another picture of my boring rotation of breakfast foods.  Maybe I should try to make my own McGriddle, with some pancakes and my egg fritatta and a fake sausage patty.  Food for thought.

Anyway, for lunch we had a Chili Cook-Off to raise money for the UCO Endeavor Games, and it was a huge success.  My work is participating in the OU Medicine Corporate Challenge and there is a fundraising aspect to it now.  The company is matching what we raise so we had the cook-off and invited everyone to come have lunch with us and make a donation.

 Here's the pots of chili for the contest.  I made my Chipotle-Spiced Sweet Potato Chili, I didn't win, but I didn't think I would.  I did get some high praise for my meat-free chili and I had something to eat for my lunch.

Seriously, make this chili tonight.  It is AMAZ-ing! 

Of course there were desserts, I think it's insane to eat a meal that is not followed by dessert so I baked up a batch of my Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies.  Would it be horrible to say that I might like these more than my original chocolate chip cookies that started my love for all things baking?  It might be, so I won't, but these babies are a close second in the cookie love-of-my-life contest.  This is something else you should make tonight. Really.


So after work I meet my sisters and sister-in-law for dinner at Musashi's.  It was a fun Mother's Day dinner, and the food was good.
I just love it when they set things on fire.  Our chef was awesome, since I am a horrible food blogger I missed the volcano the first time, but he did it a second time so I could get a picture.

I went with the shrimp, yes, I know I am a vegetarian, but I do eat shellfish on occasion.  Besides they didn't have an all vegetarian option on the menu and I didn't feel like ordering everything individually.  Those purple potatoes in the veggies were awesome.  I was stuffed when I left.

We did get some pics...
My SIL Chance, Jen and Karen

Chance, Jen, Karen and me.
I drank a bunch of water all day too.  And I put this in some of it...
I love my NUUN, and this is banana flavored!  How insane is that.  I was a little scared at first, but it is really good. 

So it was a good day, with some good eats.


1 comment:

  1. My husband is convinced that our son needs Gatorade for baseball (I disagree). I'm thinking I could get some NUUN and convince him to switch to that. Is there some place local to get some? Thanks! sasha2599 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete