Friday, March 23, 2012

Race Weekend…

I love race weekends.  Especially ones that involve a road trip with the girls that I run with.  Josh usually refers to them as my Herd.  This weekend will not include participating in the race for me. I’m not going to lie and say that I am not insanely bummed out about this.  I am.  But I am going down to Dallas with my friends to support them as they run this race without me.  I’m not going to say that it’s going to be easy either.  It is not.  But I’m going to suck it up and just do it.


imageLast night I went here to have my MRI.  I actually had two, one for my right knee and the second for my right lower leg.  I had hoped that Dr. Hines would have my results and I would have heard from him today, but no such luck for me.  I get to walk around for two more days before I find out for sure what I probably already know.

I would like to know how long I’m going to be wearing the boot, mostly because it’s hugely annoying.  But I guess I’ll just try to forget about it and have a good time this weekend and worry about my recovery on Monday.  Oh if it were only that easy.


I’m going to go swim in the morning.  I am going to whine a little more and say I am sad to think that not only will I not be running on Sunday with my friends in Dallas, but I will not be running 20 miles with the OK Runner running group tomorrow morning.

Instead I am going to get up and go swim in the morning.  At least it’s not cold outside.  I have never loved swimming as an adult when it’s cold outside, chalk it up to one too many winter time workouts in high school.  It is officially spring so I am going to drag out my suit and my new goggles and get some laps in tomorrow.  I will get to get some time in the sauna for all my hard work.  That could make it worth it.


The last random thought for the day is that I found out yesterday that the Redman Triathlon has an Olympic distance tri this year.  I have so got to do that!

No comments:

Post a Comment