Wednesday, March 7, 2012

February Marathon Training…

I can’t believe we are already into March and I am only eight weeks away from the Memorial Marathon.  February was a great month, I logged 103 miles for the month, continuing on track for exceeding my goal of at least 1,000 miles for the year.

We got serious with hills in February.  12 miles of brutal hills in northeast Norman on a bone chilling Saturday morning.  It was about 21 degrees that morning with wind chills at about 11 degrees.  I have never been that bundled up to run in my life.  It was an organized training run with the group from OK Runner and Craig had hot chocolate at the first water stop.

image

This is the elevation from that run, although I don’t think you can tell just how extreme those hills actually are.  We averaged a 9:05 pace, excluding our water stops, so we were pretty happy with the run overall.

The month lead up to the Cowtown half marathon, but that recap is still to come.  We ended the month with a Leap Day recovery run.  4.41 miles at an 8:41 pace, which in my mind seems pretty tough and mot really leaning toward a recovery of anything..

No comments:

Post a Comment