Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Day Four of No Running…

I went back to the chiropractor today and got adjusted again.  The level of pain in my right leg has gone down considerably but it still doesn’t feel 100%  I am trying hard to not be discouraged.

My girls are meeting up in the morning for a run, and I thought that I might be able to go, but I have decided that I’ll take at least one more day of rest.  Two days ago I was afraid that I wouldn’t be able to run, today and am afraid of trying to run again.

Saturday was such a hard day for me mentally that I just don’t think I can bear to have another bad run.  I feel like it would be a bigger blow to my confidence.  Damn the mental aspects of running!  So I’ll rest for one more day and see how I feel on Friday.  Long run is coming on Saturday and I really want to be up for that.

IMG_0937I’m not the only one having a heck of a week full of non-running.  My friend Rochelle has the flu.  The doctor said that she needs to take the next 4-5 days off to let her body recover.  Ro is running the full with me in April, and it is pretty comforting that we have both hit a speed bump in our training program.  The flu is no good and I hope she gets back to her strong bad ass self in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment