Sunday, January 29, 2012

New Things; Week Two

For my second new thing of 2012 I decided to go with Brussels sprouts.  I know that lots of people have horrible memories of these little green nuggets of goodness, but they were not a staple in the Morris household growing up. 

Lucky me, right?  Well have you ever had Hot Dogs Delicious or Whipped Potato Casserole?

For my first attempt at Brussels sprouts I decided to go with roasting.  I cut them in half and marinated them in a little balsamic vinegar, peanut oil and salt and pepper.  I then roasted them with my sweet potatoes and mushrooms.

001

I believe this could be the worst picture ever taken.

I made a balsamic reduction to go with them.  A little white and brown sugar reduced with balsamic vinegar until it’s the consistency of syrup.

In all they were not bad.  I think I’ll have to play around with them a bit before I find the best way to make them.  Maybe someone else in my house will want to try them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment