Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Race with the Stars Recap…

I almost forgot about the 5k I registered for in the beginning of November. 

RWTSlogo

The OCU Race with the Stars was a bargain.  It was only $20 to register for this race and the race t-shirt was a long sleeve Brooks technical shirt.  You can’t buy that for $20.  My only regret is not getting a small, the medium is just too big.

When Josh and I drove up to the race I was thinking that maybe we should have stayed home.  We didn’t get timing chips with our race packets and I had visions of a fun run with only a gun time.  It was cold and windy on race day, and there was some confusion as to the starting line, but this was a race that turned out to be very well run and worth every penny we spent on it.

The route was a little hilly but for the most part was around campus, and we only had to run into the wind at the start and towards the end of the race.  My official time was 24:06 and I won my age group.  Much to my surprise they had actual prizes for the age groups.  I won a certificate to learn how to row at the OKC Boathouse District.  How cool is that?

And I got some pictures while Josh and I hung out and waited on the results.

571572573

I think we look fabulous and you can’t tell that we were freezing out butts off.  What a great, well run race.  For $20 I’ll definitely do it again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment