Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Can Someone Please Get Motivated...

It has been seven weeks since the Memorial Marathon.  What have I done since then?  Compared to my pre marathon training I could say I have done almost nothing.  I have not been running.  After the 10K last Sunday, which I won by the way, I didn't run at all last week.  I did get on my bike and did two rides of about 14 and 15 miles, but no running.

It kinda makes me sad because I love running.  Kendra and Rochelle and I ran three on the track at the Y yesterday morning, dang Oklahoma wind!, and in a word it was HORRIBLE.  I felt like I had never run before.  I so have to get back into it.  While all my running friends are just relaxing and mostly without motivation (registering for a race=motivation) I have at least two events on the horizon.

First of all, in my quest to get better on my bike (and ultimately to do Hotter Than Hell) the Norman Conquest is in about four weeks.
I am hoping to do the 46 mile race, because the 22 mile race just seems too short.  I might regret that, but the race is only $25, which by running events is dirt cheap.  Plus I hear that they have great food at the cycling events.

Then I have the Rock n Roll Half Marathon in Chicago.

I am going to support my wonder friend, Jana.  She is going to be running her first half, and I plan to be with her the whole way.  But in order to be there to support her in this I need to get my shoes on and get out there and pound the pavement.  I would sure hate to have her carry me.

So here's to me, getting motivated.  I am going to do it, I am.  I am starting tonight with a 20 mile ride with Jerry and Choon and Bob.  Jerry and Choon promised that they don't leave a man, or woman, behind.  I just hope that after tonight they will invite me back for another ride.

On Sunday when I rode with Kendra and Rochelle, we decided that we needed to start our own bicycle gang.  I am so going to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment