Friday, May 13, 2011

Some Pics...

On account of the fact that the conditions for the marathon were HORRIBLE, I had my rain jacket on the entire time, and even though it's see through, my bib didn't show in any pictures along the route.  26.2 miles and no pictures?  Well we did get this picture at the finish line.  Honestly, I usually look better than this.

Abby and I at the finish line.

What you can't tell from this picture is how soaking wet and cold we were at this point.  It is true that there is a point where you cannot be any more wet than you are, and I believe we reached that point by mile 3, so we had 23.2 miles of complete and utter sogginess under out belts by this picture.

This picture just makes me laugh, I still can't believe that we did it.  It's been 12 days and it hasn't really sunk in yet.  I have my Finisher shirt, and the 26.2 sticker on my car, but I still can't believe we did it. 




So six days after the marathon we were signed up for the OKC Piece Walk.  We registered with a team for the son of a friend in our Y running group.  I never had any crazy idea that I would be ready to run for this 5k, so we had planned to have Josh run it and have the girls walk their first 5k.

As you can tell from the pictures, it was a beautiful day.  Seriously?  I had crap weather for 26.2, but for this 5k that I walked it was beautiful outside.  Go figure.

Josh near the finish line.

Carson, me and Camy at the finish.
The kiddos did great too.  Carson had a little problem with a side cramp at the beginning, and Camy complained about her legs hurting near the end, but we had a good time strolling through the 5k. 

My official chip time was just over an hour.  Josh on the other hand finished 4th in his age group, and was in in just over 26 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment