Thursday, May 5, 2011

I Am a Lucky Girl...

Carson, Josh and Camy
On Sunday, I braved the elements to run 26.2 miles.  I signed up for it, I did the work, and I went out and did it.  I was lucky, I got to be running, and at some point you can't get any more wet, really.  My family, on the other hand, had the hard part.  They had to stand in one place and wait for me.  Oh, and I love that they did that for me.  That they love me that much, and supported me that much to stand in the freezing rain and watch for me to come down the street to the finish line.

A friend snapped this picture, and I am so grateful that she did.  Running can be a solitary sport, though I am lucky enough to surround myself with people as insane as I am, so I don't have to do it alone.  It is nice to know that you are running towards something, and this picture shows what I run towards.

I couldn't do it on my own, and thanks to them I don't have to.

My loves.  xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment