Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Race Week!

So this is happening on Sunday.  That's only 5 days away!  Holy cow!  I am really trying to get over my urge to throw up whenever I think about it.  Maybe I'll have it down by next Tuesday.

So for the last 15 weeks, I have been working for this.  On Sunday, in five short hours it'll all be over.  Ha!  I can hope it will be over.  I have never thought about time for this, and since the Rock n Roll in March, Abby and I have only been working on the distance.  But then Abby says things like, we are shooting for between 4.5 and 5 hours and it all freaks me out.  My goal is to just keep up.

I have a plan for the Expo, we are heading over there on Friday after work.  I am hoping to find another cute headband to wear.  Josh doesn't get the fun of the expo, with all their protein food samples, and cool running gear.  It's like a mall built just for runners.  What's not fun about that?

We have a plan for carb loading on Saturday night with my running gang, or herd, as Josh is now calling us.  We don't have a plan for Sunday morning yet, but that will be worked out as the week progresses.

I am working on having to pee at least once a night for the rest of the week, and I'm going to be drinking Gatorade and water all week.  I hit the gym with Abby last night for a three mile run and a body sculpting class, and again this morning for a hi/low cardio class.  After only running 5 miles on the treadmill at our hotel this weekend, my body felt a little creaky!  So we'll do another short run in the morning and hopefully some yoga with our running group tomorrow night, then upper body on Thursday morning.  After that it'll just be the race on Sunday.  (Again with the freaking out and the urge to throw up.)

All that's left now is to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment