Saturday, April 9, 2011

Beer Sprocket

A week from today is Beer Sprocket.  I have committed to provide cupcakes for this event.  I am hoping this is just what I need to jump start my business and get some regular customers.

I will be making somewhere in the neighborhood of 1,000 mini cupcakes next week.  What was I thinking, right?  Turns out mini cupcakes are a bit easier to manage on a large scale than regular sized cupcakes.  I did some experimental baking last weekend to get ready.  Who would have thought that a regular batch of pumpkin batter, that usually makes about 3 dozen regular size cupcakes, would make 11 dozen mini cupcakes?  Not me.

I came up with three varieties that I sampled last weekend, and have since decided on adding another.

We are going with Josh's favorite, pumpkin with cream cheese frosting, strawberry with strawberry frosting, and Amaretto chocolate chip with cherry butter cream.  I decided that I'll also include some red velvet with cream cheese frosting, just because I love that one too.  I hate to leave any of my favorite flavors out.

I ordered a set of business cards, complete with my new logo, and I have a banner in the works.  I even went on cafepress.com and ordered a pink t-shirt with my logo on it.  We'll see how it looks when it gets here.

Now, I have to come up with my plan, and a grocery list and come Friday I'll be baking up a storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment