Saturday, April 9, 2011

Baby Shower Goodies...

This weekend I am baking for babies. 
The first baby is a little boy, and for his mom's baby shower I made two dozen very vanilla cupcakes, with blue tinted cream cheese frosting.  I have not used the recipe for the cupcakes before and I am very happy at how they turned out.


The second baby is a little girl.  For her mom's shower, which is being hosted by my friend Kendra, I made carrot cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.  I did a test batch of carrot cupcakes last week, and was not thrilled with the results.  I did get good reviews from my co-workers, but I was still unsure.  I don't have much of a history with carrot cake, so I don't really have a point of reference for this one.  The initial batch called for crushed pineapple and raisins.  I have never been a huge fan of raisins.  When I got ready to whip up this batch, I opted for Martha Stewart's version of carrot cake, it didn't contain pineapple, and the golden raisins were optional.

I also made a batch of sugar cookies.  I love the little feet cookie cutter I bought the other day, though I kinda think I should have gotten the left foot and the right foot.  They are iced with pink and yellow royal icing.  I have been worried about these because the icing didn't set up as quickly as I like, but they seem to be okay now.

Later today, my niece Lanee will be here, and I told her I'd make her some cupcakes for her birthday party tomorrow.  I think she wants cherry, but we'll see when she gets here.  I love having a pantry full of supplies and people that need baked goods.

No comments:

Post a Comment