Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Frosting for the Cause

So I stumbled across a new blog the other day.  Turns out it's a blog after my own heart!  From the blog,  the info about the project is:

Beginning January 1, 2011 a total of 365 sugar cookie & cupcake bakers/decorators and bloggers from across Canada and the United States will take turns doing a guest post here at Frosting for the Cause. Once a day, every day for a year you will be treated to a new and talented blogger who will showcase their home-made, hand-decorated cookies or cupcakes together with their recipes. Almost everyone, everywhere, has been touched by cancer in one form or another. The guest bakers will also share in a very personal manner with readers of Frosting for the Cause, about a woman in their life who had to face this terrible disease head-on.


So I volunteered to submit a guest post.  I have already registered for the Rock N Roll half marathon in Dallas next month, and committed to raising at least $1,000 for Komen for the Cure, so this is just one more think that I can do.


In fact, I am getting closer and closer to my goal of $1,300 for the half marathon.  My newest fundraising strategy, rather than just asking people for money, is to bake for my donors.  For each donation of at least $25 I have been baking cookies, either chocolate chip or sugar cookies.  This seems to be working out quite well for me so far.  I am currently at $670 raised, so I'll keep pushing my baked goods on people in return for donations.  

No comments:

Post a Comment