Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Beer & Cupcakes...

Who says that beer and cupcakes don't go together?  Not me, definitely not me! 

I got a call from my brother-in-law, Shawn, last week.  One of his biggest customers, Old Germany, out in Choctaw, OK is hosting Beer Sprocket 2011.  What the heck is that, do you ask?  Well, the Old Germany website describes it like this:

"Meet us at the home of the famous Choctaw Oktoberfest (Choctaw Creek Park Pavilion) this spring for an outstanding selection of 80+ Beers from around the World and the delectable foods of Oklahoma’s own Old Germany Restaurant. Designated Drivers welcome! No entry fee but you will have to buy your food and N/A beverages on your own."

Anyway, how it relates to me and to cupcakes.  They have about eight restaurants lined up to do food, but were looking for someone to do desserts.  They considered this cupcake place that is insanely close to my day job, and in my opinion does not have the best cupcakes I have ever tasted, but my BIL recommended me for dessert duty.

Rumor has it there could be as many as 1,000 tickets sold for the event, which means I'll have to make a crap load of cupcakes.  I have decided to go with mini as the size, and will pick about 4 or 5 different flavors to work with.  I considered doing cookies as well as cupcakes, but then decided that I would stick to one dessert for the event.

I have a friend working on a logo for my cupcake company, because I intend to get every ounce of free advertising out of this charity event.  Here's hoping it all pays off, and I don't fall flat on my face!

Tickets to the event are available here.

No comments:

Post a Comment