Wednesday, December 8, 2010

My Girls...

These are my girls.  My babies.  They probably would dispute that though.  These are my babies that lived in my tummy for 8 months.  While they were in there they made me absolutly miserable, the worst 8 months of my life gave gave me heartburn, nausea and vomiting, stretch marks, and these two girls.  Luckily things have gotten better since then.  I remember wondering what kind of people they would turn into.
They have turned into girls that love to sing.  Not sure where they get that, it's surely not from me.  The only singing I do is in my car, mostly by myself, and I never wanted to be in any kind of chorus when I was in school.  At Eisenhower, in 4th and 5th grade they have the opportunity to be a part of the Concert Chorus and they both jumped at the chance.  The fact that they start each semester with a donut party and end each semester with a trip to Perfect Swing or Hey Day doesn't hurt either.

Last night was their Winter Concert, and it was great!  We got to hear a little but of music from Shrek (they even sand the song that the little puppets sing at the beginning when Shrek and Donkey first travel to Duloc), an Oklahoma fold song, and a medley of Christmas tunes.  Today they got to perform for their school and travel to two other elementary schools in Norman to perform as well.  After that it was off to Hey Day for pizza and laser tag, which my kids probably didn't participate in.

When we were trying to find space to record the performance last night on our camcorder, we watched a little video from around Christmas probably five years ago.  Man, I had not realized how they have grown!  They seemed so little!  Carson just spazzed around for most of it, while Camy was showing off the dance from the Christmas ballet recital.  So cute, and did I mention how little they were.  Lucy even made an appearance on the video, oh how I still miss that crazy dog.

Now I have big girls.  Girls that sing, and they love it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment