Friday, October 1, 2010

What's Baking?

So far this week, we've had Chocolate Thunder and Simply Strawberry cupcakes for the kiddos' Girl Scout Flag Ceremony yesterday, and I made some of the Boomer Sooner cupcakes last night.  Half are for a co-worker for her OU/TX watch party tomorrow, the other half will go with a new recipe for a yet-to-be-named cupcake.

The recipe came from The Swell Life, and they look pretty tasty.  I have an order for half Boomer Sooner (red velvet), and half with Texas colors.  I think these should work out well.  I'll do a little vanilla butter cream on top.

Then, I plan to attempt to make cupcake pops!  I am very excited about these and have been contemplating what type of cake I should use.  I might go with my chocolate cake with chocolate frosting.  While I could never be as creative or arty as the Bakerella creations, I thought I'd try something simple and basic.  We'll see how they turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment