Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Chili Cook-Off

We had a chili cook-off at work today, to raise money for a co-worker who is 27 and was recently diagnosed with breast cancer.  I'm not even going to start on how mad that makes me, and how with all the money that has been raised so far there is no cure and how my co-worker had her first baby earlier this year, and how she should not be going through all this.

I am instead going to talk about our cook-off.  We had a great turn out, and we raised a good chunk of change for Jill and her medical bills.  I, as usual, did not have my camera to take pictures but we did get a few.

From the top we have Sherri, Jeana, Candace and Cassie; Monica and Kerry; Jeanne with her first place prize tickets to the OU-Colorado football game; Roland, Stacey and Pat judging; pink ribbon cupcakes; Jeanne and Ginger with a few non-employees that stopped by; and pots of chili.

What a great way to spend lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment