Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Skinny Bitch

So a friend loaned me her copy of the book "Skinny Bitch", and after reading the first 100 pages yesterday I just had to go buy my own copy.

If you haven't heard of it, check out their website. http://www.skinnybitch.net/

It is definitely eye opening.  I had already stopped eating red meat, after reading "In Defense of Food", but I was still eating chicken and turkey and pork.  Well I am going to have to be meat free now.  The descriptions of how animals in slaughter houses are treated was enough to make my skin cry and I thought I was going to cry.  Just horrible.  I can't just can't be playing a role in that sort of thing.

I went today and bought my own copy of the book, I wanted to be able to get everyone I know to read it, and a vegetarian cookbook that has lots of pictures.  (It was only $5.99 too, score!)  I also bought Martha Stewart's cupcake cookbook, I don't think I could ever be vegan because I need my eggs and butter for my baking!

So I am resolved, no more meat for me.  Not sure if there will be any other great revelations in the other two thirds of the book, but I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment