Monday, February 1, 2010

Feeling Old...

Well it's official. I am 35 and it's all down here from here. I had an MRI on my left knee today and will go back to see Dr. Hines on Thursday. He is probably going to tell me that this knee looks like my right one did and then it'll be another lateral release for me.

I did go see my regular doctor last Monday. He ordered another blood test to see which of my cholesterol was the bad kind and which was the good kind. Thursday I got the good news in the mail. I definitely have high cholesterol. He's giving me six months to get it under control with diet, and if that doesn't work then it'll be medication for me. Just what I want is to be taking pills every day. So for now it's egg whites, whole grains and almost no cheese and 1% or skim milk. Great. The Horizon Organic chocolate milk that I am now addicted to is 1%, so I can keep drinking that. We had Mexican food at Jen's on Saturday night and I didn't eat any queso, didn't put cheese on my fajita and only had the little bit of jack cheese that was on the top of the sweet potato and black bean enchiladas that I made. As usual, not much feedback on the enchiladas. I thought they were good.

So for now, things just seem to be getting better and better. Not sure if Lucy is doing okay or not. Saturday she got turned around in the backyard and was barking at the back fence instead of the door to be let back inside. I had to go out with her leash to get her inside. Poor old girl. I am so not ready for her to be as old as she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment