Friday, August 14, 2009

Slumber Party!

So my babies are nine now and for their party this year we are going for the slumber party. It's been a long time since we hosted a big one so it should be interesting.

Tomorrow night at 6pm, we've got 8 girls R.S.V.P.'d to come. From my count only four of them have alpha female type personalities. We are hoping they can each have at least one kids to boss around and everyone will get along splendidly. I asked the girls what they want for snacks, Oreos, marshmallows, cheese puffs, and cheese and crackers. I will be making a whole bunch of cup cakes tomorrow. The two of them can't decide on one flavor, so we will have to do a box of chocolate and one of vanilla. They did both decide on chocolate icing for all of them, so that's good.

I feel like I have so much left to do! Josh and the girls are going to run to the store today to get the food items, and I will make a run to Hobby Lobby after work. We are supposed to take them to dinner for their birthday, but again they can't decide on one place. I told them that I'd take one and Josh could take the other and we'd go to different places but that didn't go over well with both of them. Again with the not agreeing!

I am going to go to the running group at the Y in the morning at 7, that should be interesting. I guess they run about five miles so we'll see how far I can go. After that it's party planning and brunch preparation for Sunday when my family comes to celebrate with the girls.

I think I have a good menu planned, breakfast enchiladas (http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sunny-anderson/breakfast-enchiladas-with-red-sauce-recipe/index.html), Josh's fried potatoes, bacon (for Cars), and I thought I'd do a fruit salad and maybe some banana bread. A little something for everyone, I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment