Wednesday, May 20, 2009

More on Knitting

So I am very excited about my new hobby. It has been two and a half weeks since I officially became a knitter. I have knitted four washcloths, two scarfs and have started a third, and have plans for the two after that.

I purchased "Stitch and Bitch", a book about knitting and have taught myself a second stitch. The first scarf for Camy, was just the basic garter stitch that we learned in the class, for Carson's I taught myself how to purl, and her scarf looks completely different from her sister's. On the one that I am making for myself, unless I decide to give it away, I am using the two stitches I know and I am making a ribbed scarf!

The kiddos are very excited about their new scarfs, Carson wore hers again to school today, even though it's going to be about 80 degrees today. I think that she is making a fashion statement more than keeping her little neck warm. I showed the scarfs to my sisters and they seem to not get it. My 3-year-old niece Hannah, was very excited about them. I have plans to make her a purple one now.

I figure after I master the squares and rectangles it'll be time to move on to other shapes. I think this is something I could be doing for a long time to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment